E-911 Telecommunications Operator:
General duties include but are not limited to performing a variety
of routine clerical,
administrative, and technical work in receiving and dispatching and routine and
information for law enforcement, fire and emergency agencies.
The following are required qualifications for the
• Must be able to type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
• Be able to work holidays, weekends, and nights.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must obtain SC Criminal Justice Acadamy certification within (6)
• Must successfully complete SLED criminal history background
check and pre-employment drug screen.
Deadline to apply is October 24, 2014.
The following are required qualifications for the position:
• Assist the Veteran Affairs Officer in the oversight and direction of the
Office of veterans Affairs; assists veterans and their dependents
in obtaining all
benefits eligible under law administered by state and county
• Works under the supervision of Veteran Affair's Officer.
• Responsible for initiation
of claims procedures by completing appropriate
applications for VA and State benefits.
• Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
• Prefer two years of
college or equivalent experience.
• Must have a valid drivers license.
submitting applications is November 03, 2014.
How to apply:
for employment must be made on the Cherokee County official application form which can be printed from the link below. Please
submit a copy of your resume with the application. Please provide as much detail about your work history as possible and attach
the sheets if necessary.
Applications and resumes can be mailed to the address listed below, faxed to 864-487-8549,
or emailed by selecting the link below.
Please note the form below requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view
and print. Click the
Acrobat Reader" link below to download the latest reader.
Download or print application: Job Application
should be mailed to the address below.
Attn: Cherokee County Personnel Director
110 Railroad Avenue
Gaffney, South Carolina 29340
Select this link to E-mail application and Resume